Friday, July 10, 2009

My First Time

...well this is the first time I have officially entered the world of blogging. I don't know why exactly since I love to talk about myself:) and I love to write. I thought I would blog about my summer in Zurich, Switzerland. I am married to an amazing man, who very conveniently is Swiss. This has afforded me a great deal of pleasures in life, one of them being the ability to live abroad in a place I am lucky to call home. This home is Zurich, Switzerland. It is nestled in the heart of Europe and serves as a melting pot for languages, cuisine and culture. Switzerland is one of the most beautiful and well run countries in the world. You can owe that mainly to their hard work ethic and old fashioned values. So if a train is meant to leave at 4:30, that's exactly when it will leave. Not a minute before or later (much to the frustration of travellers). The Swiss guard their natural resources very carefully and this shows as you take a train or drive through the country side. I have never seen mountains as steep, lakes as blue or gardens as well cared for as in Switzerland. They are quite happy to think that their country looks the same as it would have a hundred years earlier.

Ok, hopefully that gives you a good enough explanation as to where I am going. We will be flying out this Wednesday and Raphi and I are keeping our fingers crossed for good weather...which can make or break our trip:).....Adeiu, Tchuuss, Ciao

3 comments:

  1. Yea! So excited I will get to do a little 'armchair traveling' on your trip to Switerland... very cool, thanks so much for blogging! You can see my blog at http://moltobene52.blogspot.com/ but it may seem academic since it's about THE 23 THINGS and not about Europe. Although when you look it over you will find plenty of personal references to my love of all things Italiano! I also neglected to say thank you once more for coming in last week to write Pratham's NYC recs. Mille grazie, mi amica... Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blogging! Have fun. Tschuess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your flight over was uneventful. Thinking of you!

    Elizabeth Bayer just started 23 Things! Check out her blog:
    http://ebayer23things.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete